Akenland Official Rules
Welcome to Akenland! We’ve put together these rules to ensure that everyone has fun and enjoys their time on the server. Please read and follow these rules as indicated. If you have any questions, please ask an Admin.
Our Admin team
Akenland Admins are indicated in-game, and on the Live Map, by a + in front of their names. On Discord, online Admins are listed at the top of the member list, and also have the Server Admins role, when clicking on their names.
Our current admins include:
- Kade (in-game username: Kade_N_ - Discord tag: Kyle#1805) - Lead Admin
- Galvin (in-game username: GalvinNerth - Discord tag: GalvinNerth#0309)
- Mossy (in-game username: Mosflow - Discord tag: Mosflow#2813)
- Flower (in-game username: FlowerFox - Discord tag: FlowerFox#3901)
- Mads (in-game username: magfaerie - Discord tag: Mads#4983)
Reporting violations of rules
If you believe someone is violating the rules, please contact an Admin as soon as possible, using one of the following methods:
- Pinging or DMing an Admin on Discord
- Using /msg admins <message…> in-game, when an Admin is online
- Sending an email to email@example.com
The Behavior Rules apply to all servers, chats, and other services provided by Akenland, at all times.
Be respectful to others
You must be respectful to everyone on Akenland. Harassment (of any kind), posting personal information about others (doxing), insults, excessive gloating, and similar actions, will not be tolerated.
We are proud to have a diverse community. We have members worldwide, even crossing language boundaries, our members span a wide age range, and we pride ourselves on being an LGBTA+ friendly community. Please be respectful of everyone.
Sometimes, PvP interactions can get heated. Remember, while PvP interactions may have drastic in-game consequences, it is just a game, and there are real people on the other side of it. Please do not take out your frustration by harassing or insulting others.
All players are welcome to build and play in Peaceful Zones, where you don’t have to deal with PvP whatsoever. You may use this zone to cool down after a heated PvP interaction, or to take a break from PvP.
Appropriate conversation topics
We have a diverse, yet tight-knit community. Often, our members are comfortable to discuss deeply personal topics, which some may find discomforting. This is generally accepted in our chats, however, if you are uncomfortable with a particular conversation, feel free to tell an Admin. We want everyone to feel safe and welcome in Akenland.
No spamming or advertising
Chat spam, especially inappropriate content, is not allowed. Messages may be removed by Admins. Spam is a Stupid, Pointless, Annoying Message.
Advertising other services, Minecraft servers, Discord servers, or products, without permission from Admins, is not allowed.
Listen to Server Admins
Server Admins keep the server running smoothly and without problems. You must obey the instructions of an Admin.
Rules are enforced at the discretion of Admins. You may contact Admins via Discord or email (firstname.lastname@example.org), to appeal an Admin’s decision. Harassing players or Admins, attempting to bypass restrictions, using alternate accounts, or otherwise attempting to skirt the rules, will not be tolerated.
Using hacks, mods, or exploits to gain an unfair advantage is not permitted.
The following are not allowed:
- Force Op
- Anything that lets you see the location of other players, mobs, chests, ores, or other blocks/items
- Fly/movement mods
- Wall hacks
- Anything else that gives an unfair advantage
The following are allowed:
- OptiFine (including Shaders) and Better Foliage
- Resource Packs
- Minimaps (assuming they do not reveal anything, as stated above)
- Mods that only function in single-player or compatible servers (such as most Forge mods)
Utilizing glitches/exploits/loopholes in Minecraft, any of our plugins, or Discord, is not permitted. Please report these to Admins.
Suspicious behavior, or attempts to interfere with the server, any players, or any Akenland service or website (including DoS attacks), will typically result in a permanent ban, at the discretion of Admins.
The world is divided into Peaceful Zones and PvP Zones. Each zone has different rules regarding gameplay. Please see the live map, or ask an Admin, if you are unsure which zone you are in.
Failing to follow Zone Rules will never result in a server ban. Bans are only used against players who violate the Behavior Rules.
With the exception of spawns, warpstones, and other important locations, player actions are not blocked, but can be rolled back by Admins. As such, we do not protect individual player builds/chunks, nor use a land claim system.
Peaceful Zone Rules
Peaceful Zones include the main continent (Akenland), consisting of Waramon and Eborin.
No griefing or stealing
You may not damage, steal, raid, break, destroy, or otherwise do anything harmful to another player’s builds, chests/containers, items, or pets.
Items in a Peaceful Zone may not be stolen - even if they were originally stolen from a PvP Zone.
Do not hurt players or pets
PvP combat is not allowed in this zone. Do not attack other players or pets.
Do not build on land that is already in-use
Do not build in any area that is fenced or marked off by another player. Please seek the permission of this player, or an Admin.
Do not build too close to other players. Your builds should not be touching another player’s builds. Please keep a distance of at least 3-5 blocks, unless you have their permission.
Follow all posted town/city laws
Many smaller areas have their own specific laws, which may be posted on signs around the world, or at a town hall/city hall. Please be mindful of these laws. Ask an Admin if you are unsure.
PvP Zone Rules
PvP Zones include the majority of the oceans and all six outer continents - three in Sholkingham and three in Runnach.
Stealing/raiding and PvP combat is allowed
Stealing/raiding, PvP combat, and attacking other players and pets, is all allowed in PvP Zones. Please be aware of this when entering this zone.
No griefing (with some exceptions)
You may damage, but not destroy builds in a PvP Zone.
- Break through walls, or into buildings
- Start fires
- Use TNT
- Cause damage in order to gain a strategic advantage
You may not:
- Any sort of “destruction for the sake of destruction”
- Tear down, or significantly damage an entire build or town
- Destroy large amounts of terrain
- Destroy items/chests without stealing them
Please ask an Admin to be sure, or visit your Farthing Spawn. This rule is enforced on a case-by-case basis, and decisions will be made at your Farthing Spawn.
Realms in PvP Zones may agree to a War. This may be done at a Farthing Spawn, with an Admin present. A War grants an exception to this rule, allowing the included realms to grief each other without consequences. Any realm that is not involved in the War may not be griefed.
You may not create pillars of blocks (n00b t00bs) to climb over walls and other obstacles. You must find another way over walls, dig underneath, or fight through the entrance. However, scaffold blocks are allowed.
You may not create long bridges of blocks to cross large gaps or water. You must find another way across.
Individual realms may create and enforce their own laws in the PvP Zones, but the enforcement of these laws will be left up to the realm (and their allies). Admins will not enforce laws created by players/realms.
Creative Mode Rules
These rules apply to all players who are using Creative Mode or other builder permissions (such as WorldEdit or VoxelSniper), regardless of whether they have been given temporary or long-term access to these abilities.
The following is not allowed under any circumstances, when using Creative Mode or builder permissions:
- Destroying any structures or terrain without explicit approval from an Admin
- Spawning in items for other players, or leaving items in a place where they are accessible to other players
- Spawning in items for survival play
- Duplicating items, for any reason
- Placing or breaking bedrock without explicit approval from an Admin
- Participating in any form of PvP, griefing, or raiding
- Participating in dungeons, quests, or any similar activity
- Using Creative Mode or builder permissions to gain an unfair advantage, such as scouting out other realms, dungeons, or hidden areas
- Placing or using TNT, fire, spawn eggs, or End portals
- Spawning or fighting Ender Dragons or Withers
- Using Creative Mode or builder permissions while in the Nether or End without explicit approval from an Admin
Avoid rare blocks
When in Creative Mode, please avoid the use of the following blocks, due to their rarity:
- Iron, Gold, Diamond, and Emerald blocks (may be used in small numbers, but ask an admin to be sure)
- Enchanting tables
- Brewing stands
- Shulker boxes
- Ender chests
- Player heads
- Dragon heads
- Dragon eggs
- Bedrock (always ask an admin before placing or breaking bedrock!)
Builds must be gameplay-friendly
All builds and terraforming should be somewhat survival-friendly and believable.
- Removing ores/natural terrain should be avoided as much as possible.
- Custom biomes should be enjoyable and practical to play in survival mode.
- Use of locally-available materials is preferred. For example, a town in a taiga should use spruce wood, as opposed to other non-local woods.
- If you can think of a clever reason for non-local materials, that is great! For example, maybe your town is a trading partner with another town. Don’t be afraid to come up with creative solutions!
- If you want to make a dungeon, discuss it with the Admins. We can be more lenient with dungeons, but there are also certain other gameplay guidelines to follow.
Admins may switch you to survival mode, or revoke/reduce builder permissions, if you fail to follow these rules.
Annoying admins by constantly requesting access to creative or builder permissions may reduce your chance of getting access.
Remember that this is a survival server, and you should be in survival mode when you are not building.
Remember that creative mode and builder permissions are a privilege, and must be used responsibly.